Study Hall Educational Foundation About
BackgroundStudy Hall school started in 1986, over 30 years ago in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. It is now housed under the parent organization Study Hall Educational Foundation (SHEF), which is a Society, and runs multiple educational initiatives in urban and rural India. SHEF was established in 1994. Since its inception SHEF has reached out to over 2,50,000 students and lives through direct and indicates initiatives within Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Currently SHEF educate over 6000 students and trains over 8000 teachers directly, and works with over 1,50,000 students, teachers, young women indirectly through partnerships with social ventures, NGOs and the Govt. in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Study Hall Educational Foundation has been pursuing its mission to provide quality education to underprivileged girls and youth in urban and rural India. Using feminist-based pedagogy, gender sensitization techniques and adolescent empowerment discussions on social issues in the classrooms, SHEF works in the areas of education with a focus on girls’ education and empowerment (1000 girls), teacher training programs - gender based sensitization workshops and trainings (746 schools – 1500 teachers), DIET trainings (7000 teachers across 70 DIETS) formal and non-formal educational centers (3500 students) and vocational trainings (100 women). SHEF has developed over 2000 content videos covering the state curriculum, special education, digital stories and teacher-training workshops. SHEF keeps the Girl Child and her development at the center of all initiatives, empowers girls through theatre and drama based education to become equal autonomous persons having the right to equal participation in society.
VisionStudy Hall Educational Foundation aims
- To bring the benefits of education to all levels of society throughout India, by establishing primary, secondary and higher secondary schools, teacher training institutions, open school classes, vocational training programs and adult literacy programs.
- To work for the improvement of the education system in the private and public sectors , in rural and urban India, by engaging with the Governmental and non-governmental organisations and working towards policy reform, curricular reform, teacher training programs, research programs, school enrichment programs and other innovative interventions using new technologies.
In sum - to do everything that we can, to work with everyone who is interested and is similarly engaged, to spread quality education throughout India.
Study Hall Educational Foundation is striving to successfully fulfil the Millennium Development Goals, in India:
1. Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieving universal primary education
3. Promoting gender equality and empowering women
Study Hall Educational Foundation through its work, vision and dedication has committed to adopt 13 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) identified by the UNITED NATIONS at the UN Summit in September, 2015 in New York City, USA.
Key areas where Study Hall Educational Foundation is making an impact and adding to Global Development through its work in India and across the globe are –
Quality Education, Gender Equality, Good Health and Well being, Partnerships for the goals, Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions, No poverty, Zero Hunger, Reduce inequalities etc.