The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly National Open School is the Board of Education for Distance education, under the Union Government of India. It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of Government of India in 1989 to provide education to remote areas under the motive to increase literacy and aimed forward for flexible learning. The NIOS is a national board that administers examinations for Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations of open schools similar to the CBSE and the CISCE to increase literacy and provide education to rural areas. It also offers vocational courses after the high school.
It had a cumulative enrolment of about 2.5 million students from 2004-2015 at Secondary and Senior Secondary levels and enrols about 350,000 students annually which makes it the largest open schooling system in the world.
Inclusive learning with universal and flexible access to quality school education and skill development is what we target. It is the key to success.
- Providing a relevant, continuing and holistic education up to pre-degree level through Open and Distance Learning System
- Contributing to the universalisation of School Education.
- Catering to the educational needs of the prioritized target groups for equity and social justice
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is committed to provide excellent, sustainable, inclusive and flexible education up to Pre-Degree level through Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode & compliance of requirements to ensure satisfaction of learners and continuous improvement of our Quality Management System.
- Freedom to Learn
- Flexibility : (a) Choice of Subjects (b) Admission (c) Examination (d) On Demand Examination
- Transfer of Credits
- Recognized Quality Education
Study Hall has become an accredited institution (AI) of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) on 11 December, 2014. AI Center Code is 210644.
At Study Hall we believe that – ‘Children are unique, powerful, important persons, worthy of our respect. They have a right to enjoy their childhood, which is an important phase of their lives and deserves to be understood respectfully rather than treated simply as a preparation for adulthood.’
Special features about NIOS at Study Hall:
- Online and offline Registration: Guidance is provided for documentation, registration charges, choice of subjects.
100+ registrations are already done in the very first year of the accreditation.
- Availability of Soft/Hard copy of study Material: Soft and hard copies of the study materials are provided.
- Solved and unsolved question papers: Solved and unsolved question papers of last 5 years are available.
- PCP: Proper guidance through Contact classes.
- Lab facilities: Well equipped lab facilities for practical are available.
- Practical Files: Guidance for preparation of practical files is provided.
- Tutor Marked Assessment (TMA): Guidance for preparation and completion of TMA is provided through workshops.
- Flexible Scheme of Examination is available: Public examination is conducted by NIOS twice a year. Students can get nine chances to appear in the public examinations over a period of five years to complete their courses. Any of the following can be chosen for getting evaluated and certified:-
Public examination conducted by NIOS twice a year.
Schedule your own examination date sheet.
Public examination in some subjects and ODES in other subjects.
- Transfer of Credit (TOC): Ex-Secondary/Senior Secondary students of the following Boards of School Education who have passed in at least on subject, but have not qualified in the course, may seek admission in the respective course at NIOS and avail facility of TOC in 2 subjects.
- Choice of Subjects: Guidance Available for the choices of subjects.