Athlete leadership Training, Frank Anthony Public School, New Delhi
21st – 24th February 2019
In the opening, session classes were held to improve public speaking skills and to like understand the Special Olympics’ mission, athlete leaders learn how to create their 3 minutes speech, and good presentation behaviour.
After this governance, training was given in which students learned to interact with media, to express their opinion and to work with groups solve problems. In the end, ZUMBA session was organized which pumped up the energy and enthusiasm.
Next day health care sessions were held, where Health Messenger was introduced, a doctor explained about fit 5 which was another level of secrets to staying fit and healthy.
In the end, athletes received sports training by their coaches.
Swimming Competition was organized for Dosti children on 18th Sept 2018. There were twenty plus participants full of enthusiasm. Many events were held such as 25 meters freestyle, 18m with the board, pick and come event and walk race. The winners were as follows Praharsh stood 1st, Tanu Gupta 2nd, and Sambhav 3rd in 25 m freestyle and underwater competition. Vanshika, Rush I, Divye, Vaibhav, Urjit, Ayaan, Radha, Nidhi, Anuoshka, Viraaj were the winners in walk race pick and come event.
Our student Sahil Singh 20 years old, with Down’s syndrome, made policeman for a day.
It’s a motivation for others that How hard the parents have worked to make their child’s dream come true,even if it’s only for a day
Swimming competition held on 11th September 2017 In DOSTI. Where children participated very enthusiastically and enjoyed various activities in swimming pool.
The Prep school provides full day care programme for children between the age group of 9 months to 8 years.
The full day care program has been designed to provide a facility for parents who would like to see their child be comfortable and safe, while they are at their workplaces. It allows mothers to return to their workplaces without compromising on the quality of care and love their little ones get. We strive to ensure that we provide a safe, healthy and nurturing space for children to learn and grow.
8:00 am – 6:00 pm (Full Day)
Rs 5500/- per month
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (Half Day)
Rs 3500/- per month
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Rs 2500/- per month
Rules And Regulations
- Age Group 9 months to 8 years
- Registration Fee – Rs 2000/- + Rs 500/- Security (Refundable)
- Fee has to be paid before the 1st of each month.
- A late Fee of Rs 30/- per day will be charged after the 1st.
- Late pick-up per half-an-hour is Rs 100/-
- Day Care opens from Monday – Saturday.
- Saturday Timings : 8:00 am -2:00 pm ( 3rd Saturday will be closed.).
* Children issues/ problems at the Day Care are dealt with care, concern and affection.
* Parents are welcome to participate in the children’s activities at the centre.
* Any kind of queries, apprehensions, complaints or suggestions are to be directed to the Coordinator. The Coordinator will promptly attend to the queries/ concerns.
*All activities will be scheduled and carried out in a routine manner. However, the deviation can occur if the need arises.
* Birthday celebrations can take place in the Day Care. Eats and crockery to be provided by the parents. Only parents, Grand-parents and siblings are allowed in the celebration.
* The Day Care working hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Parents are requested to pick up their child latest by 6 p.m. However, an unavoidable delay by 5 mins. is acceptable – if it goes beyond, then a late pick-up of fee Rs 100/- per half an hour will be levied.
- Change of clothes.
- Extra Diapers for diaper babies.
- One hand towel.
- Kindly write the name of the child on all the clothes, towel, bag, water bottles and tiffin, etc.
- A small kit with a comb, any cream or talc the child is using.
- Parents are requested to provide food & snacks for children. An evening snack like biscuit/ fruit will be provided by us.
- Clean RO drinking water is available. Drinking water bottles have to be provided by the parents.
- Feeding bottles and water bottles for babies to be sterilized at home.
- Toddlers and babies will be fed by the Care givers. And, at the same time toddlers will be encouraged and helped to eat independently.
- In case, any kind of food spoilage is detected by us, we will notify the parents and provide something, on request.
- Pre Lunch snack
- Evening snacks
- It is compulsory for parents to apprise the Coordinator about health issues, if any.
- If the child is suffering from any communicable diseases such as viral fever, common cold, chicken pox, measles, etc. He/ She must not be sent to the Day Care in the interest of other children.
- We are ready to administer prescribed medicines to children, as per written instructions of the parents and a copy of the prescription.
- Please inform the Day Care if your child is suffering from any allergies.
- The parents will be informed if the child is running temperature. Medicine (Paracetamol) will be administered only on parent’s permission. The child must be picked up from the Day Care within an hour of intimidation.
The child will be handed over only to his/ her parents or someone who has been authorized by parents to pick up. In case a new person is sent to pick up the child. We should be notified well in advance.
Dr. Urvashi Sahni, President of Studyhall Educational Foundation, met Dy CM Dinesh Sharma and discussed the state of primary and secondary education in Uttar Pradesh. Dr. Sahni, who is also a member of the Rajasthan chief minister’s advisory council (education), appraised Sharma about how administrative reforms in Rajasthan had lead to the migration of 10 lakh students from private schools to government schools in Rajasthan.
Prof Sharma showed the keen interest in knowing how the change was brought about in Rajasthan. He said that the current Yogi government was determined to bring about positive changes in primary and secondary education and he would like to discuss this further.
To this, Dr. Sahni explained that integration of primary and secondary school, reducing teacher vacancies, rationalization of teacher appointments based on the need of the school, a collection of accurate school data through a technology portal, Shaala darpan, along with increasing teacher accountability were among the major factors for change.
As a follow up of the meeting, Dy CM Dinesh Sharma suggested that he would like to arrange a presentation before the chief minister Yogi Aditynath and table her suggestions to chalk out the roadmap for educational reform in UP.
She also presented a memorandum to stop child marriage in UP as part of the India’s Daughters Campaign being run by the Study Hall Educational Foundation.
A mother’s committee meeting was organised on April 22, 2017 on the school premises. Mother’s of the DOSTI children came to attended the function. They planned and discussed activities with the teachers.
DOSTI organized its orientation program on the April 8, 2017, in which over 80 parents participated. The topic for the discussion was positive parenting. Principal of DOSTI Mrs. Surabhi Kapoor gave them a brief overview on how to talk positively with our children followed by an open discussion. It was an enriching experience sharing session.
was an enriched experience sharing session.