The Prep School, a pre-primary section of Study Hall School celebrated its Annual Day on Thursday, the 30th November 2017 amidst great zest, vibrancy, and elation.
Dr. Urvashi Sahni, CEO of Study Hall Educational Foundation, other members of the organization grandparents and parents of the children were present during the event.
Mrs. Shashi Mehta, Principal, The Prep School welcomed the guests and shared the journey of how children prepared the performances on the theme “Dazzling Fantasy”. It was a fun-filled, enjoyable experience for the little ones, where they learned a great deal.
Through a delightful melange of drama, dance, songs and dialogues, 350 children of classes Nursery, Lower Prep and Upper Prep created magic on stage. They understood well and explained their parents too, the importance of listening to and reading the stories.
The theme for the cultural show was the importance of stories in a child’s life. Going hand in hand with technology the children must also be encouraged to read stories. The stories “ Crow and the Snake”, “Red Riding hood”, “Sheikh Chilly”, “Frog and the Prince” were beautifully presented on stage by the children in their new avatar. All the performances left the audience applauding.
The effort and time invested by the teachers and children were clearly visible in the delightful presentations by the children, their oozing confidence, and smiles. The Prep School family thanked one and all for being a part of the great show.
The Prep school provides full day care programme for children between the age group of 9 months to 8 years.
The full day care program has been designed to provide a facility for parents who would like to see their child be comfortable and safe, while they are at their workplaces. It allows mothers to return to their workplaces without compromising on the quality of care and love their little ones get. We strive to ensure that we provide a safe, healthy and nurturing space for children to learn and grow.
8:00 am – 6:00 pm (Full Day)
Rs 5500/- per month
12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (Half Day)
Rs 3500/- per month
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Rs 2500/- per month
Rules And Regulations
- Age Group 9 months to 8 years
- Registration Fee – Rs 2000/- + Rs 500/- Security (Refundable)
- Fee has to be paid before the 1st of each month.
- A late Fee of Rs 30/- per day will be charged after the 1st.
- Late pick-up per half-an-hour is Rs 100/-
- Day Care opens from Monday – Saturday.
- Saturday Timings : 8:00 am -2:00 pm ( 3rd Saturday will be closed.).
* Children issues/ problems at the Day Care are dealt with care, concern and affection.
* Parents are welcome to participate in the children’s activities at the centre.
* Any kind of queries, apprehensions, complaints or suggestions are to be directed to the Coordinator. The Coordinator will promptly attend to the queries/ concerns.
*All activities will be scheduled and carried out in a routine manner. However, the deviation can occur if the need arises.
* Birthday celebrations can take place in the Day Care. Eats and crockery to be provided by the parents. Only parents, Grand-parents and siblings are allowed in the celebration.
* The Day Care working hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Parents are requested to pick up their child latest by 6 p.m. However, an unavoidable delay by 5 mins. is acceptable – if it goes beyond, then a late pick-up of fee Rs 100/- per half an hour will be levied.
- Change of clothes.
- Extra Diapers for diaper babies.
- One hand towel.
- Kindly write the name of the child on all the clothes, towel, bag, water bottles and tiffin, etc.
- A small kit with a comb, any cream or talc the child is using.
- Parents are requested to provide food & snacks for children. An evening snack like biscuit/ fruit will be provided by us.
- Clean RO drinking water is available. Drinking water bottles have to be provided by the parents.
- Feeding bottles and water bottles for babies to be sterilized at home.
- Toddlers and babies will be fed by the Care givers. And, at the same time toddlers will be encouraged and helped to eat independently.
- In case, any kind of food spoilage is detected by us, we will notify the parents and provide something, on request.
- Pre Lunch snack
- Evening snacks
- It is compulsory for parents to apprise the Coordinator about health issues, if any.
- If the child is suffering from any communicable diseases such as viral fever, common cold, chicken pox, measles, etc. He/ She must not be sent to the Day Care in the interest of other children.
- We are ready to administer prescribed medicines to children, as per written instructions of the parents and a copy of the prescription.
- Please inform the Day Care if your child is suffering from any allergies.
- The parents will be informed if the child is running temperature. Medicine (Paracetamol) will be administered only on parent’s permission. The child must be picked up from the Day Care within an hour of intimidation.
The child will be handed over only to his/ her parents or someone who has been authorized by parents to pick up. In case a new person is sent to pick up the child. We should be notified well in advance.
Dr. Urvashi Sahni, President of Studyhall Educational Foundation, met Dy CM Dinesh Sharma and discussed the state of primary and secondary education in Uttar Pradesh. Dr. Sahni, who is also a member of the Rajasthan chief minister’s advisory council (education), appraised Sharma about how administrative reforms in Rajasthan had lead to the migration of 10 lakh students from private schools to government schools in Rajasthan.
Prof Sharma showed the keen interest in knowing how the change was brought about in Rajasthan. He said that the current Yogi government was determined to bring about positive changes in primary and secondary education and he would like to discuss this further.
To this, Dr. Sahni explained that integration of primary and secondary school, reducing teacher vacancies, rationalization of teacher appointments based on the need of the school, a collection of accurate school data through a technology portal, Shaala darpan, along with increasing teacher accountability were among the major factors for change.
As a follow up of the meeting, Dy CM Dinesh Sharma suggested that he would like to arrange a presentation before the chief minister Yogi Aditynath and table her suggestions to chalk out the roadmap for educational reform in UP.
She also presented a memorandum to stop child marriage in UP as part of the India’s Daughters Campaign being run by the Study Hall Educational Foundation.
|India’s Daughters Campaign – Awareness March – April 1, 2017|
|India’s Daughters Campaign – Awareness March – April 1, 2017 – Mankamneshwar Mahant Divya Giri|
|India’s Daughters Campaign – Awareness March – Street Play – Bal Vivah Ghulami Hai – April 1, 2017|
The second convocation of NTT course By Study Hall Educational Foundation (SHEF) was held on April 1, 2017 in The Prep School .
Dr Kirti Narain, Retd Principal, Jai Hind College, Mumbai and Project Director – Giri Institute, Dr Urvashi Sahni The President – Director of SHEF, and The principal of Prep School , Mrs Shashi Mehta gave away the Certificates and mark sheets to the Seventeen trainees graduating as trained teachers .
The Nursery and Primary Teacher Training course by Study Hall Educational Foundation strives to create able, caring and compassionate Pre primary teachers for the growing needs of children of the 21st century. The training programme aims to train trainee teachers in the classrooms. It follows the apprenticeship model. Teachers spend at least three hours every day in the classroom from the very first day. The course strikes a balance between theory and practice. Learning is enriched as the trainee teachers acquire teaching skills by being with children and watching experienced teachers at work. During the training the trainee teachers are given ample opportunity to observe and understand the young learners along with theory classes. They attend regular seminars and workshops conducted by experts in educational field.They get ample opportunity to teach in classrooms. Their teachings are recorded and viewed by them which helps in metacognition . They document all the practical learning in a portfolio.
Overall, it as an enriching training programme which gives an edge as the future teachers are trained in classroom environments with the children, by the teachers .
The master trainers gave congratulatory message note. Cultural programme by trainees added to the overall feel .
Mrs. Priya Kakkar, Director NTT proposed the cote of thanks .
The five-day Study Hall art exhibition – Art with Heart – was inaugurated by eminent artist Pooja Sood at the Lalit Kala Academy here on Monday. Art with Heart showcased a rich collection of painting, lino-prints, photographs, installation art and sculptures made by the Study Hall School students.
Speaking on the occasion, Sood who is also the director of Khoj International Artists’
Association said that the quality of art on display is of very high and urged the students to continue to work hard and pursue their passion in art. Heart and hard work are the two things that make an artist successful.
Adding to Sood’s comments Dr Urvashi Sahni also urged the students to produce such high quality art work and said art is an expression of self.
Besides the paintings, papier Mache sculptures, wood sculptures, tribal art and lino prints also drew the attention of the visitors.
The Exhibition at the Lalit Kala Academy will be open to general public from 11am to 7pm till March 3, 2017.